It isn’t always so easy to find the different OSM initiatives around the web. People put up their pet project on some private web page, perhaps link it up from the osm wiki, or perhaps not.
Here are some tools that seems good to know about:
- http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/ – compare OSM and Google Maps side by side.
- http://sautter.com/map/ – overlay OSM and Google Maps / Yahoo. Very cool.
- http://mtbmap.org/ Norway rendered with ASTER data.
- http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/StaticMap/ create large pictures of OSM data
- http://walking-papers.org/ get PDF of a part of OSM, print, make notes and scan/post/email it back for addition in OSM.
- Slightly non-osm, but still cool: uTrack is a tool to visualize a .gpx file with Google Maps. It plots all different kinds of data from the file, very cool.
- http://warper.geothings.net warp / flatten pictures to make maps from.